Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Second of 6 sea days

Of course, since we went to bed so early, I am up early.  So I used this time to upload the pictures and work on the blog.

Yesterday, on our walk, we found the Pavilion Pool and Bar.  This is an indoor space.  In the afternoon, they called for the stretcher team up there.  Not sure what happened.  They also have two hot tubs.  Could be someone fainted.


At the bottom of the picture you can see the table tennis game.  They have two tables up here.

There is this scenic elevator that I took and you end up in the beauty salon.


I guess this was unique at the time.  Now most of the new ships have these kind of elevators.  This ship was built in 2004 and it is showing its age.


And anyone for a manicure?


I was considering a pedicure, but at $99 it does not seem like a bargain.  But nice chairs.

We had breakfast in King's Court where we spoke with Max again.  We were there early.  Then I gathered my sewing and headed to the Winter Garden.  There I sat by a window and did some cross stitch.  Several people stop by and look at my project.  It is coming along.  Bob came down and had some tea with me while they cleaned up the cabin.

Lunch in King's Court.  Food is uneventful.  Nothing special so far.  So both Bob and I make salads.  Even the salad choices are weak.

We took a nap as we had gotten up so early.  Then we just hung around the cabin until it was time for the movie.  We went to the 5pm showing of "Zero Dark Thirty".  I was not sure how I would like it but both Bob and I enjoyed the movie and did not cough too many times.  And we stayed awake for the entire film.  Will wonders never cease?

We went back to the cabin to freshen up and then to King's Court for dinner.  Tonight was a bit different as I knew that was where I was headed so for the first time in my cruising career, I did not dress up for dinner.  So there QM2.

Back to the cabin to read and then lights out.  We gained another hour.  We forgot how quick they come.  We need to gain a total of 6 hours before we get to NYC on the 1st of June.


No comments:

Post a Comment