Sunday, May 26, 2013

First of 6 Sea Days

Last night we went up to the sail away party but it was too cold and windy for me as we were already dressed for dinner.  So we headed to the Winter Court for a cocktail.  Bob and Barbara from New Jersey and Florida sat at the next table.  This is their first QM2.  So far they are not impressed.

We went down for dinner.  This trip we have a new waiter.  Brando has been sent to another restaurant.  Now we have Norman.  Tracey is still with us.  We also have a new cabin steward Richardo.  He is just back from vacation.  Sure hope they share tips.

Gained another hour but we went to bed early.  Wanted to watch the football match but it was not on TV.  They were showing it in three different places around the ship but we had already changed into our pj's.

The seas are very calm so far.

We decided to get up and have breakfast.  King's Court again.  Then we walked about the ship to do some more exploring.


Our cabin is fairly mid ship.  This is the hallway to the end from our cabin.

We walked to the other end of this hallway where the library is located.


They have a great selections of all types of books and a few chair in the front to enjoy a quiet place to read.

Up to deck nine where there is the Commodore Lounge.  This is the answer to a Crows Nest.


It is not a large space but quite at least until they open the bar.  I sat here most of the morning doing cross stitch as it is bright.

We then went up to deck 10 and found the Atlantic Room.  This is a basic card room.


I find it unusual that it is in the front of the ship.  These people do not need a view.  They are looking at their cards.  Oh well.


Then out on the open deck.  Lots of room for playing games.


I will post more of our tour tomorrow.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  I did not attend the cruise critic gathering.  We enjoyed a nap instead.   Then tea and coffee.

Oh, I forgot about lunch.  We sat at a table for two right next to another table and we got to talking.  Max and his wife are from Mexico but Americans.  Have lived in Mexico for about 10 years.  Are now thinking about moving to Florida.  They took an MSC over from Ft. Lauderdale to Kiel, Germany.  Then they did a Viking river Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest.  And now the QM2.  Looks like we are not the only ones.  They were very interested in Ponte Vedra Beach.

We dressed for dinner.  Bob had bought a tie in Southampton so he wore it.   I dressed up too.  We went up to the Commodore Lounge for a cocktail and then at 6 headed down to dinner.  Bob then told me he was not going to the dining room but wanted to eat in the King's Court.  I felt like a fool.  There I am all dressed up with people in shorts, jeans, work out clothes.  I could not eat.  I can't explain how I felt.  So Bob finished his salad and wine and we came back to the cabin.  I don't mind eating there, just not dressed they way I was.  So it turned out to not be a good night for me.

We gained another hour but we were back in the cabin so early.  Watched a bit of the news and then turned out the light.  I am getting sick, I think.  Coughing all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment