Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fifth Sea Day

Wow, we are coming to an end of this trip.  It has been great so far.  The seas of the Atlantic have been really calm.  We did have one day where you felt the motion of the ocean, but not bad at all.  Except for the weather being cold and very windy.  People walk on deck 7 bundled up.  Mittens, hats, parkas, etc. And then you will see someone in shorts and a t-shirt.  But that person is walking fast.

Breakfast in King's Court.  We spoke with a man who had taken Amtrak up to NYC from Miami.  It takes 27 hours.  Then he took the QM2 to Southampton and then traveled around UK and then back on QM2.  He lives in Key West.  He is flying home.  He said he misses his dog.

I did my cross stitch in Winer Garden while the French Open is on the TV.  I sat there for two hours and then back to the cabin.  We had an early lunch and then an early nap.  I did not sleep that long so for the first time all trip, I went to the needlepoint gathering.  There I met a lady named Nancy who looked very familiar.  She was on the Rio to Ft. Lauderdale portion of our cruise last year.  I remembered her and her needlepoint angles.  And then when I mentioned it, she remembered me too.

Back to the cabin to clean up and dress for dinner.  Tonight is the last formal night.  We are having our cocktails in the Lion's Pub and then dinner in the King's Court.  Tonight we sat in the pasta area and I had lasagna and Bob had the pasta special.   All very good.

Back to the cabin and read.  We gained another hour tonight.


Just a different view of the ship.

Tonight it is very foggy so the fog horn blows every two minutes.  It actually is kind of neat.

Tomorrow is our last day at sea.  We arrive in NYC around 6am on the 1st of June.  I hope we are up to watch the entrance to the city.


No comments:

Post a Comment