Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sea Day

Today we are again at sea.  We woke up and headed to the pool.  Bob left the cabin first and he takes the exercise gear in the duffle.  When I left the cabin, I saw Bob in the elevator.  He was stuck between deck 10 and 11.  I asked him if he called for help and he did.  It took about 10 minutes for someone to come to his aid.   But he was released and we headed to the pool.  The front elevators are glass so you can see what is going on in them.  Good thing.
Bob's elevator

At any rate, we exercised for one hour along with Bonnie and David.  The water was rough and it makes it more difficult to keep your balance.  I started to feel funny, so I quit after the hour but Bob was going to stay until 7 am.

Dressed for breakfast on the aft deck.  Still feeling not quite right so just had a light breakfast with tea.  While Ronalyn was cleaning the cabin, we headed for the Coffee Connection where I worked on the blog. I skipped the needlepoint gathering and took a long nap instead.  I also missed Terry's talk on the Olympics coming to Brazil in 2016.  Will catch that later on the tv.

Coffee Connection
After my nap I did feel somewhat better.  Sat on the balcony to read.  Now reading "Shock Wave" by John Sandford.  I like his books.  I think I have read most of them.  This one is new.  Had lunch in Compass Rose and now catching up on blog.  I feel better but not 100% yet.

Did some reading and then headed to Coffee Connection where we sat with Terry.  Terry is the speaker on South America and Alaska.  Then I headed to needlepoint, tea and trivia.  We did better today but still did not win.  But we have lots of fun.

Tonight was the block party so we gathered in the hall way and then wine is poured and Ray, the Captain, Franck and the Chief Engineer come around and shake your hand.  A nice way to meet your neighbors.  We had dressed for dinner so we headed to the Mariners Lounge for a cocktail and then dinner in Compass Rose.  Bob and I both had a pasta dish.  All very good.
Mariner's Lounge

Compass Rose
After dinner we headed up to the Observation Lounge for an after diner drink with Bonnie and David.  Bonnie and Bob are both reading books by the same author and were comparing notes.

Observation Lounge

We then headed back to the cabin.  Tried to watch a movie but the system was not working so read some of my book and then lights out.  Tomorrow is another sea day as we do not dock until 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment