Thursday, February 16, 2012

Montevideo, Uruguay Day 2

Today we are docked here in Montevideo again for the second time.  This is the start of the next segment and for most of the passengers it is their first time here.  We are on a Vituroso tour today.  We had breakfast on the aft deck and met Ricky and her partner Dyke who are on this leg.  I mentioned Ricky early on.  She is a lady about 90 years old who lost her husband and this is the first cruise since then.  She bought two cabins and divided the circle up into four segments with four of her children taking a segment each.  So now it is daughter Ricky.  She is divorced and has a relationship with Dyke.  Not sure how Ricky senior feels about this.  Oh well, such is life.

We gathered for the tour and were on a bus with not too many persons.  First stop was at the navy memorial which I mentioned on day one.  Rode through the city and stopped at the Theater.  We were given a tour of this wonderful venue.




We next headed out of town to a vineyard for a tour and lunch which was terrific.  They started off with a wonderful Chardonay along with cheese and pate.  Next was the sausage and what I thought was chicken.  I commented to Bob that the chicken had a nice flavor and he told me it was not chicken but sweetbreads.  I would never have even tried it if I knew.  But it was okay.  And then came the main course.  Wow, what a spread.  Beef was the best.  Wish I had taken more.  Oh well.

We were also treated to a tango demo and then the dancers wanted to dance with us.  All the ladies at my table said no so I felt it was rude to say no so I danced with him.  I was okay to say the least. People asked me how long I had been dancing the tango.   I said never, just follow the leader.  What fun.









Returned to the ship.  The Star Princess and the Empress are here.  Katie, you and I were on the Empress many years ago when it was owned by RCCL.  Now owned by Pulmaric.  Brought back memories of our mud slides while sitting in the pool.

I headed up to the pool to exercise while Bob napped.  It got kind of crowded in the pool since I think lots of people wanted to cool off after such a hot day.  But the water in the pool is warm so not much cooling to be done.

Before dinner we attended the concert of the harpist.  She was very good.  She played an electric harp which was interesting.  Sat with Mickey who told us about her tour which was not what they expected.  Then headed to dinner in Compass Rose. I had the lamb chops and Bob had the black cod.  All very good. Back to the cabin and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment