Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sea Days - Two in a Row

The 2nd and 3rd of March are both sea days so I will just summarize what we did.  We love sea days but they are not exciting in and of themselves.  

We started out that the pool was not opened so we did not get to swim on the 2nd.  And this is the day that they celebrate the crossing of the Equator so they have this special ceremony where you kiss the fish.  We do not do it but other do and then they jump in the pool which makes the pool messy.  So they have to drain it and refill it later with the water.  A silly affair but tradition.

We had breakfast on the aft deck.  When we went out the sun was behind the clouds, but as we ate it came out from the clouds and it got quite hot and sunny.  So we turned our chairs and finished eating.  I went up to needlepoint in the Observation Lounge and worked until lecture time.

Terry spoke on the Amazon River.  Bob went along with me.  She is a good speaker.  She likes to call herself a story teller.  Then up to lunch as the Crossing the Equator was still going on.

Back to the cabin for reading.  Now I am reading "Heaven is for Real".  The afternoon was needlepoint, tea and trivia which we did better.  At needlepoint I met Arte Johnson's wife.  She is originally from Germany and her name is Gisell or something like that.  They have been married for 44 years.  That is unusual for the Hollywood set.  A very nice lady.

Tonight there was a cocktail party for the Virtuoso group.  We talked with Arte and Gisell for the entire time.  Well, I talked to Gesill and Bob talked to Arte.  We had arranged to eat with Doris and Arlen so we got together with them and headed to Compass Rose.  Dinner was good.   I had a Brazilian fish dish which I enjoyed.  Then back to the cabin and bed.

The 3rd started with Bob doing the laundry.  If he gets up too early, that keeps him busy.  I got on line and finally got the blog updated.  During sea days, it is hard to get online as everyone seems to have the same idea.  Same with laundry.  So if you do everything early, no problem.  So that is what we do.
Our ship at anchor
Today I am getting my hair cut.  I have had it with the length.  Too long for short and too short for long.  Going back to my regular cut, at least that is the plan.  Will finish this later.  Check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment