Friday, March 16, 2012

Gustavia, St. Barts

Thursday March 15, 2012.  We are at anchor here in St. Barts.  We arrived here at about 8am.  Early this morning, we heard the call for stretcher to deck 7.  So when we arrived at St. Barts, the first tender was used to off load the lady who had fallen and broken her hip.  We swam for one hour and then a light breakfast on the aft deck. 

We dressed for our tour which was "Sailing the Leeward Coast."  We took the tender into the town and boarded our catamaran which only had one Captain.  The young man was the only crew person on board which was a first for us.  Keeps his costs down at any rate.
Our ride around the island

1st Mate but my Captain
The trip was around the island which is very pretty.  The swells of the ocean are pretty strong so there was some movement of the ship and it kind of made me sick.  I did not get sick but I felt sick.  We stopped for a snorkel dip and only four of us got in the water.  The water was clear but no fish.  At least, I did not see any fish.  But it was a refreshing swim which I enjoyed as did Bob.







Our ship from afar

Then we returned to the dock and reboarded our tender for the ride back to the ship.  They take it slow so as to keep the tender from rocking too much.

Back on board, we headed up for lunch.  I still was not feeling great, so I had some flat bread and cheese plus a ginger ale.  Back to the cabin for knitting and then up to needlepoint, tea and trivia.  We lost again but our friends next to our group won so we were happy.

Dressed for dinner in Compass Rose.  Had our cocktails in the Mariner Lounge and we visited by David and Bonnie as they waited for Carol and Phil to join them.  We had a nice dinner at a table by the window. I had the lamb chops and enjoyed it.

Back to the cabin to watch some of the basketball and then lights out.  Good day considering that I did not feel well during the day.  I recovered well.

We now have two sea days before we get to Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday.  Not sure if I will post any more so I hope you all have enjoyed our trip.  We have had a wonderful time and was are sorry to see it end.  But it will be wonderful to see the family when we get home.  We have missed them and it will be great to see them on Sunday, at least we hope they will make time for us.

Next trip will probably be in 2013.  Till then, stay safe and keep on traveling.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking me "along" on your trip. It has been fabulous. Looking forward to our "2013" adventure!

    ReplyDelete