Thursday, January 5, 2012

Travel Day

Today is the 5th of January 2012 and we are heading out for another adventure.  This time we are sailing all the way around the coast of South America.  Today we fly to Ft. Lauderdale and stay at the Ritz.  We are having a dinner tonight with all the other people who are doing the entire trip around for a total of 72 days.  We had our luggage picked up a few days ago and it has reached Doral and will be on the ship when we get on tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed for that to happen.  First time using this service.  I still am not prepared for being away for three months.  Hard to believe.  But we get home on the 18th of March.  Wow.  I hope everyone enjoys my telling of our travels.  Will try to include pictures as we go.

The ride to the airport was uneventful and we arrived and checked in with no problems.  Going through security proved to be a challenge as my carry on got flagged.  Seems I had my small scissors in the side pocket.  I did not even know they were there but they found them but let me keep them.  We then grabbed a small pizza to share and here we are sitting at the boarding area.  Our plane is running about 10 minutes late but that is no problem as we are heading to the Ritz for dinner and the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment