Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Puerto Chacabuco, Chile

Monday January 30th and we are arriving in Puerto Chacabuco, Chile.  We cancelled our shore excursion for today as we are taking a closer look at them.  Lots of bus time.  So we will do Chacabuco on our own.

Regent has free laundry rooms but they are waiting room only.  So Bob got up early this morning and started the wash.  I had told him what to do last evening but I did not tell him which washer to use.  He ended up putting the clothes in the dryer and turning on the washer.  He quickly fixed it and now I am tending to the laundry while he is up swimming.  I would be swimming too but it is rainy and I would rather not swim in the rain.  Will swim later in the day.  The water is back in the pool and heated.

Breakfast in Compass Rose.  Just Special K and banana for me.  Then up to the Observation Lounge to gather with my needlepoint group.  This morning is a scenic sail in via the Chile fjords.  But the weather is rainy and cool so not such good looking at the sites.
Andes

Andes
Puerto Chacabuco is a town in the Aysen District.  It is a small town and not much going on.  We have to tender here, so Bob and I decided to stay on the ship.
Center of fishing village
Dinner tonight is a special dinner and show for a third of the full circle passengers.  They had one dinner last night, one tonight and one tomorrow night.  It is held in Signatures and after there is a show with a man named Steve something who plays the piano and sings.  Not bad but I don't know why these people feel they have to bang on the keys is beyond me.  But dinner was very good.  Back to the cabin and lights out.

1 comment:

  1. That wash mess up might have been on purpose. LOL
    The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete