Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sea Day

Today is Saturday and we are at sea.  The weather is rainy but we were able to do our exercises in the morning before the rain started.  The pool opens at 6am and Bonnie, from Walla Walla and a needlepoint friend is there.  There is also a gentleman who ties himself to the ladder and swims going nowhere.  Clever as the ship pools are not very long.

Ray as Neptune
Today I attended the lecture on Equador and the Panama Hat.  Might just have to buy one in Quito.  After the lecture I went up on deck to watch the crossing the equator celebration.  We have crossed the equator several times in the past.  But it is fun to watch.  Ray is the Cruise Director and plays the role of King Neptune. 

Lunch and a nap and then I attended the lecture on future cruises.  I went so that I might win the raffle but no such luck.  Then to needlepoint where I sat with Bonnie and Ann.  Bonnie and I ended up staying for trivia and we joined a team and came in second.  Not bad for two gals who did not know a lot.  But I need to thank Aiden cause the first question was "2012 in China is the year of the what?"  And I knew Dragon.  Thanks Aiden.

We are leaving the ship tomorrow for our flight to Quito so will not be reporting until we get back.  This is an excursion for those doing the full circle.  Dinner tonight in Compass Rose.  And the football games. 

1 comment:

  1. Went to Quito when I was 20 years old. A friend from here was married to Dr. Gustavo Moreno,he studied here at the Shea Eye Institute and then went back to Quito to open a hospital with his brother. He passed a few years back and Rosemarie still lives in Quito. I heard a while back that she owned a gift shop in Quito. So, if you see the name Rosemarie Moreno anywhere introduce yourself. Great visit,first time living with a full time maids. Great experience

    ReplyDelete