Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cooktown, Australia

Saturday finds us at anchor outside of Cooktown.  We will tender into the town.  News alert, we are not able to tender as it is too foggy for the tenders to run.  So this will be a sea day on our way to Darwin.

Breakfast in La Veranda as it is raining outside.  Blueberries and cheerios.  Boring.  Then back to the suite and head up to the Observation Lounge to knit and needlepoint.  A lady saw me knitting and brought over her project for me to help her as she had dropped a stitch.  I fixed it for her and off she went a happy camper.

Lunch in La Veranda inside.  The weather has cleared and Bob did some swimming while I did needlepoint.  I decided I would swim around 4 pm.

Nap, but I did not sleep just dozed.  Then dressed and headed to coffee connection for tea.  Then back to the Horizon Lounge for needlepoint.  I left before tea as I wanted to swim.  So we headed up to the pool and at first, the only ones swimming.  Then a lady entered.  She swam laps for a half hour.  She uses a mask, nose clip, and hand gloves.  Serious.  We use gloves only.    We did 45 minutes and then 10 in the hot tub.

Dressed for dinner and headed up to the Observation Lounge for our evening cocktail.  Dinner in Compass Rose.  I had lamb chops and Bob had the lobster salad.

Back to the suite where I continued watching "Enough Said".  An okay movie.  Will finish it today.

Sorry there is not much to report.  Sea days can be non eventful.  We enjoy them as they are relaxing and you get to catch up on your projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment