Saturday, May 17, 2014

Patmos, Greece

Wednesday May 14th (Happy Birthday to my Dad - he would have been 96 if still alive).

Today we are at anchor off the coast of Patmos, Greece. We decided not to go ashore for some reason or other.  I'm sure it was a good reason but right now, I can't remember why.

So we spent the day on the ship.  Worked on the blog for a bit and did some needlepoint.  Bob worked on his pictures.

The highlight of the day was we took Aurelio (our cabin steward) to dinner in Compass Rose.  When Bob told him we were doing this, he said "Oh no, I am not allowed to eat there".  But we convinced him it was okay and so he said okay.  As we were heading to the Voyager Lounge, Aurelio was working at his stand.  His supervisor said he had to make the stand ready for his replacement.  Wow.

We then met him outside the Compass Rose and asked for a table in the corner.  I do not think he ever has eaten as a fancy restaurant in his life.  He did not know how to order but the wait staff helped him with his selections.  And the other waiters were glad to see a person from the Philippines.  And I do think he was uncomfortable but we tried our best to make him feel at ease.  All in all, I think he enjoyed the night.

After dinner we returned to our suite to read and lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment