Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Two Sea Days- Updated 4/10

We had to cancel our stop in Ko Samui so instead we are having two sea days on our way to Singapore.  We were up early both days to swim for one hour.  Day one we had several people in the pool with us.  Some swim laps while others just float around like us.  Not sure if they all will get up this early or if some of it is jet lag related.

Breakfast in La Veranda and then back to the suite for a short while until the steward wants to make up the suite.  Then we head to coffee connection.


This is the coffee connection on the disembarkation day.  Rare to find it empty.


During breakfast and lunch they have food available.  And all the time they have cookies.

Up for needlepoint and this being the first meeting of this cruise, there were 12 ladies there.  I am almost finished with the belt.  When I am done, I will post a picture of it.  It is looking really good.

Lunch in Compass Rose where I ate the Canyon Ranch offering.  Then a short nap and back to needlepoint and tea.

Tonight was the Block Party.  We met several of our neighbors.

Cocktails in Horizon Lounge.  We sat at the bar and when Marilyn and Bob entered, they also sat with us.  Then Susie and Fred came in.   So the 6 of us ate together for dinner.  I had a chicken dish which was okay.  And berries for dessert.

That night we lost an hour.

Thursday April 10th.  I am up earlier than Bob so I am catching up with the blog.  We are having a terrible time getting our taxes done.  We went to the Tax Office in January and were told we could do everything over the internet but that has not been correct.  And we thought we would be getting money back and that is not so either.  I am still convinced that something is wrong with the return but we cannot see it until we get home.  Oh well, the best of plans.

Today will be much like yesterday.  So I will post this and then the next entry will be from Singapore where we are taking a tour that ends at the Raffles Hotel.  This is the place the Singapore Sling was invented.  Not sure if I will buy on or not.  I think they are expensive and I don't even know if I like them.

We swam for one hour and then had breakfast in La Veranda.  Today I had oatmeal.  We do the crossword puzzles from the paper while we eat.  We take turns putting in answers.

Needlepoint only had 5 ladies.  I finished the belt.  I took a picture of it but Bob has not put it on the stick for my yet.  Then back to the suite to wait for noon and lunch in Compass Rose.  A short nap and then back to needlepoint where I showed Vivienne the pillow she gave me to work on.  I have only been working on it in the suite.  It is looking good.

We picked up our passports as we need then when we are in Singapore.

Tonight is formal night.  And the Captain's Party which we will skip.  But we are dressing up.  Dinner will be in Compass Rose and we will try to keep it just us.

No comments:

Post a Comment