Friday, April 4, 2014

Ho Chi Minh,Vietnam = Second visit

Friday March 4th found us docked in Ho Chi Minh City for the second visit this trip.  So we did not sign up for any excursion.

Up early and swam for 45 minutes.  The water is a little cool but heats up as the weather now is hot.


We decided to take the shuttle into Ho Chi Minh City.  It takes about 30 minutes to get into town.  Then we went into the Tax Shopping Center and Bob bought some camera stuff he was looking for.  Cost about 450,000 dong.  Sounds like a lot but actually it is not at all.  We then walked around and this is the Opera House.


This statue was at the end of the road.  Not sure who he is.


And this is the entrance of the Times Square Saigon Hotel.


Another view of the Opera House.


And we ended up at the Rex Hotel.  My back was killing me, as you can see in this picture.  That is me in the blue shirt.


The park out side the hotel.


They were holding a convention at the hotel.  We had lunch in the lobby as the lady told us it was too hot upstairs on the roof.  Later we found out they have an inside restaurant that is air conditioned.  So we got some bad information.  I had a bowl of Pho and Bob had a Tiger Shrimp dish.  All good.


Our usual lunch is in Compass Rose.  It is very quiet there and we enjoy it.


Just another view of Compass Rose without all the people.

After we returned to the ship we took a short nap and then I did my needlepoint on the balcony as we are in the shade right then.  We dressed for dinner and attended the pre dinner show in Horizon Lounge.  It was a singing show of show tunes by Loren.  Her voice is okay at lower ranges but gets a little sharp at the higher notes.

Dinner at Seti Mari which is the Italian Restaurant in La Veranda at night.  I had the veal and when I was finished, I felt sort of sick, so I left and returned to the suite.  I did not want to make a scene but later I was okay.  Not sure what was going on, but I am fine.

I read some and then lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment