Sunday, April 13, 2014

Port Klang, Malaysia

Saturday April 12th (Happy Birthday Wayne), and we are docking in Port Klang, Malaysia which is the port city for Kuala Lumpur.  We do not arrive until noon so the morning is like a sea day.  We swam for one hour.  Now the funny part, a lady from Holland comes and does her laps.  She does the breast stroke keeping her head out of the water.  When she is finished her laps, she goes to the outdoor shower where she removes her bathing suit and washes stark naked.  Her bare butt to the pool.  I guess in Europe, naked is an okay thing.  Then she dries off and puts on her robe.  Whatever!!!

Then we had breakfast in La Veranda where we ate and worked on the crossword puzzles.  Then I headed to needlepoint and Bob to work on pictures of Singapore.

We turned in our tour tickets as it was something we had done before and since it is over 2 hours to get to Kuala Lumpur, we did not want to do it again.  And the shuttle only takes you to a shopping mall.  So we stayed on the ship.

We had a late lunch, waited till the tours left, and sat with Ray.  Nice conversation and learned that he is sometimes hired by Regent as an entertainer and not a cruise director.  When this happens, he gets a better cabin.

Back to the suite for a nap.  I did not think I would sleep so I did needlepoint on the sofa and fell asleep.  I got up and took the tax papers down to the front deck where they said they would scan them for us and email to H&R for us.  Hope this works.

We dressed for dinner and headed to the Horizon Lounge for our cocktail.  We sat at the bar which was empty.  Most of the folks will not get back until later in the evening.  So the ship is quiet.  Bob went into Signatures and asked if they had space and they did so that is where we ate.  I had the duck and Bob had beef.  All very good.

Back to the suite where I started to watch "Saving Mr. Banks" but woke up with the TV off and me still holding the remote.  So I guess I will have to watch it over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment