Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sea Days

We have had two sea days since we left Hamilton.   At first the seas were rolling but it did not bother us.  We seem to sleep really well with the rocking of the ship but some people did have issues.  But life on board is quiet.  I continue to attend the needlepoint group.  Have met several interesting ladies.  Kristy is from Pasadena and a lovely lady.  Her husband is 18 years older than she and her step son is 18 years younger than she.  But she is a great needlepointed.  And then there is Sue from the UK.  She cannot understand the people from Scotland and neither can we.  And then the group from Colorado.  I had it all wrong.  Penny and Patty are sisters to Ray who is married to Cindy.  And they are going to the wedding of the older brother of Patty, Penny and Ray.

Last night we had dinner in Signatures.  It was wonderful.  Ate with the Born's again.  I don't think I wrote about the dinner with the Ambassador.  He served in Ecuador under Reagan.  He and his wife live in Jacksonville Golf and Country Club.  We had invited the Born's to join us.  It turned out to be a great night.

I am writing this after dinner as the internet seems to be quicker when everyone is eating.  But I have already had one martini and a couple glasses of wine, so forgive the spelling.  Once we get to Fungal, we will have a port every day.  So the relaxing now is great.

Not doing the water exercises.   They say the pool is room temperature.  But who's room?

At any rate, this is a great way to cross the Atlantic.  Every other night we set our clocks ahead one hour.  And we sleep great.  These beds are wonderful.  And the sheet, what can I say.  I will need to buy better sheets when I get home.

Will update again tomorrow if I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment