Thursday, March 21, 2013

First Sea Day

Last night we ate in Compass Rose and had a nice table by the window.  We could watch our sail out of Miami.  Sailed right by Fisher Island.  Some expensive real estate there.  Dinner was very good as usual.  After dinner we spoke with Mike and Donna Born.  They are our neighbors in Plantation.  We knew they would be on the ship and we will have dinner with them at the two special restaurants.

We turned in early as we were tired.  Don't ask me why as we did not do much but oh well.  Then during the night there was a medical emergency and we diverted to the Bahamas to take the passenger off the ship.  Then back on our way.

This morning it was quite windy so we had breakfast inside.  After breakfast we returned to the cabin where it was already cleaned up.  Love that.  Later, I attended the lecture by Ambassador Samuel Hart. His topic was "American Foreign Policy in Obama's Second Term".  Sort of interesting.  I think your take on it depends on if you voted for or against Obama.

I then attended the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet.  Several people showed up.  Met Mary Alice from Maryland and Ann from California.  Then Bob and I had a nice lunch in Compass Rose.

Back to the cabin where Bob took his nap and I got to watch some of the NCAA Basketball games.  Then up to the gym where I did 30 minutes on the bike.  And then I went to the needlepoint gathering.  Lots of ladies attended.  This was the most I have ever seen at needlepoint.  Sometimes I think they come just to get the kits.  Whatever.  Spoke with Jennifer who is a dancer with the ship.  Donna and I sat together.

Cleaned up for dinner.  Tonight is the block party so need to be ready by 6pm.  We are eating in Compass Rose again tonight.  The staff is willing to give us a nice table for two.  Tonight I might go to the show.  It is guest entertainers.  Will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment