Saturday, November 30, 2013

Sea Day #2

Friday was our second sea day.  This time the weather was much better.  Still windy but at least the sun is shinning.

We had breakfast on the aft deck.  I had an egg white omelet with mushrooms and tomatoes.  Bob had a plate of sausages and mustard.  When we came back to the suite, Mila was cleaning it so we went to the Square for coffee and read some.  While doing some cross stitch, Barbara from Long Boat Cay came over to talk.

We decided to try and swim so we changed and headed out to the pool.  There were two others in the pool.  The water was not bad.  Lots of motion and the pool is deep that I cannot touch the bottom.   Makes you work harder.  But we did out exercises for 45 minutes and then the hot tub.  Lots of people were sunning themselves.

I cleaned up and hurried to needlepoint.  I had promised Rose I would give her a needlepoint kit I had brought from home but when I got there, no Rose.  I stayed and talked with the ladies for a bit and then returned to the suite.

Lunch on the aft deck and then our nap.

We were invited by the chef for a tour of the galley.  This was very interesting.  There were about 12 of us that were on the tour.  We had been in the galley before as they used to have a galley lunch and the galley was like a buffet line.  They do not do that sort of thing if they have caviar in the surf.

Dressed for dinner and then up to the Club for cocktails.  Bob ordered his caviar.  Then down to dinner where we had a nice table for two.  Tonight was lobster night.  I started with a beet salad and then the lobster.  My lobster was slightly mushy.  Then I enjoyed a cheese plate while Bob had a soufflé.  Back to the cabin to read and then lights out.

Tomorrow is our first port of call - San Juan.

No comments:

Post a Comment